• 1 large egg plant
• 1 cup plain flour
• 2 tablespoon rice flour/semolina
• ½ tablespoon chilli powder
• 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
• 2/3 teaspoon carom seeds
• Salt to taste
• Oil for deep fry
How to make:
1. Cut egg plant into thin sliced and wash it. Place it in strain and keep aside.
2. Mix all dry ingredients (flour, chilli powder, baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt) together and add 1 and ¾ cup water. Make smooth batter.
3. Rub carom seeds between your palms and add into batter.
4. Heat pan with oil on medium high and when oil is ready, dip sliced egg plant in batter and fry it till it becomes golden brown.