jamuna news: Kolija vuna is one of the delicious food item of Bangladesh.
• 700 gram beef liver/ lamb liver
• 1 large onion sliced
• 1 and ½ tablespoon onion paste
• ½ cup coconut cream
• 1 tablespoon ginger paste
• 1 tablespoon garlic paste
• 1 and ½ teaspoons chilli powder
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
• 1 teaspoon coriander powder(optional)
• 1” cinnamon stick
• 1-2 cardamom pods
• ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
• 1 bay leaf
• 4 tablespoon oil
• Salt to taste
How to cook:
1. Cut the liver in bite size pieces and wash thoroughly.
2. Place on a drainer and keep aside.
3. Heat the pan on medium with oil and add the sliced onion, bay leaf, cinnamon stick and cardamom.
4. Fry the onion till it becomes transparent and add ginger, garlic, chilli, turmeric, coriander, onion paste and salt.
5. Cook it till oil is separated and add coconut cream.
6. Cook 3-4 minutes and add the liver pieces.
7. Stir it and cook it under closed lid.
8. Cook it about 5-7 minutes or till liver becomes tender.(don’t overcook liver, it will become chewy)
9. Check the salt and add roasted cumin and remove kolija bhuna/ spicy liver from stove.
10. Serve kolija bhuna/ spicy liver hot with rice, paratha or roti.